Sunday, September 7, 2014

Happy Birthday to me!

Maybe I'm a little bit early on that one! Regardless, I'm just popping in from an extremely busy and stressful week to leave a quick note about some things that are going on this month.

1. My birthday is the 22nd of this month, so in celebration, I'm going to have a one-day-only 10% off sale on everything in my TpT store! My task card sets are my best-selling items, and I've got a couple of new sets that MIGHT be going up before then, so be sure to check those out.

2. I'm positively smitten with Jamberry nails. Have you tried them? They're not one of those things that I would have ever seen myself liking, but I'm on day 5 with this set still going strong. Where have these been all my life?! I'm loving all of the cute designs, and can't wait to put on my next set whenever these decide to finally give out. 

Here's the story of nail polish with me:
  1. Apply first coat. Let dry.
  2. Decide first coat is dry enough for a much-needed second coat. 
  3. Apply second coat, but get it all over my skin.
  4. Dab skin with polish remover. Mess up 3 still-wet nails in the process.
  5. Remove polish from botched nails and repaint those.
  6. Notice bubbles in other nails. Remove polish. (Note: at this point, I've generally ended up redoing at least 5 nails.)
  7. Decide I'm over it and just repaint, whether they look good or not.
  8. Repaint second coat.
  9. Declare myself finished and watch TV while they finish drying.
  10. Go to bed, thinking my nails are dry.
  11. Wake up to nails with imprints from sheet, clothes, and my hair.
  12. Chip nail polish on the one remaining perfect nail while hitting snooze button.
These, obviously, were much easier. And I got great results, despite how terrible I am at DIY manicures :-)

This was taken on day 2. I would post a new picture from day 5 (today) but they seriously look EXACTLY the same unless you look at the very tip of my right index finger. It's got just the tiniest bit of a rough edge, but it's not noticeable to anyone else.

So have you tried Jamberry? What do you think?

I'm considering selling them, just to get the discount because I think this may be my new addiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment